Sicily is quickly becoming a top destination for people on holiday. This Mediterranean haven is one of the most geographically diverse and remarkably unique areas in the entire world. From the historical sites to the beautiful landscape, Sicily has everything you can dream about for a vacation.
- The natural beauty of Sicily is incomparable. The island has amazing parks surrounding volcanoes, rolling green plains, stunning mountains, and pristine white sand beaches. This little island will surely please the most adventurous traveler as well as those looking for a lazy stay.
- The history and culture of Sicily is something you will only find on the island. Once part of Magna Graecia, and home to one of the most powerful city states, Syracuse, Sicily has historical sites in incredible condition from its storied past. You can see amazing Greek temples (better preserved than in Greece itself) and amphitheaters which still hold plays. The island was conquered and settled by some of the most powerful civilizations leaving behind incredible wonders.
- It is a charming spot to find breathtaking accommodations. When you are planning a trip to Sicily you will find that it is very easy to find great accommodations such as villas with pool for example where you can enjoy your stay and feel like home . A great way to stay is to rent out a house and do day trips from that location
- The food. Sicilian cuisine and wine is some of the best Italy has to offer. Even if the only Sicilian food you can name at the moment is a cannoli, you will not be disappointed. You will find the best cannoli you’ve ever or will ever try. Not to mention the world class wines from Sicily and the fresh seafood. The island is as much a culinary destination as it is a beach destination.
- The island is still a hidden gem in the Mediterranean. Unlike Greece or Spain, Sicily is still free of overbearing crowds of tourists even during the most popular times. So, get there before this changes and the secret is out!