Since landing a role in one of the biggest science-fiction series of film history (The Hunger Games, if you didn’t know), Jennifer Lawrence has become hot property. Despite only being 23 years old, she has already been named the highest-grossing action heroine of all time as well as featuring in Time’s list of 100 influential people in 2013.
Not one to let fame and success overwhelm her, Jennifer has also revealed herself to be one of the most likeable celebrities of recent years. Whether she is openly admitting her love for everything food-related or tripping over on the red carpet in a slinky dior number, she proves that even Hollywood actresses can be human. Here is everything you wanted to know about J-Law.
1. Her favourite films include Step Brothers, Anchorman and Dumb & Dumber- and she knows every word!
2. In her first year at high school, she was voted ‘most talkative’ of all her classmates.
3. Before landing the role of Katniss in The Hunger Games, she auditioned for a wealth of leading parts, including Bella Swann in Twilight and Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
4. Born in Kentucky, her parents owned a horse farm as she was growing up. Her first horse was a pony named Muffin.
5. Although the role eventually landed her an Oscar-nomination, the production team behind Winters Bone were not initially keen to cast her. After telling her she was too pretty to play the part, Jennifer arrived at the audition with sweaty clothes, unwashed hair and a runny nose. Needless to say, she got the part.
6. She has no formal acting training, not even enrolling for the drama programme at her school.
7. Jennifer has starred in a total of three films with Bradley Cooper- American Hustle, Silver Linings Playbook and Serena- due out later this year. Jealous, us?
8. She won her first Oscar aged just twenty two, making her the second youngest woman ever to win Best Actress.
9. Her Hollywood BFFs include X- Men co-star Zoe Kravitz and Emma Stone. Imagine their get-togethers!
10. Despite her fantastic performance as a dancer in Silver Linings Playbook, Jennifer admits she has two left feet. In her own words she ‘dances like a Dad at prom.’
Please note, the imagery in this article does not belong to scarlettlondon.com or any of its writers. Those used are purely for reference purposes only, we do not take credit.