Following my last post (How to get flawless skin in time for summer) I decided to do another post regarding summer makeup and how you can create different looks on a budget. All of the products used within this post are from Feel Unique, which I can honestly say is a fabulous online store which stocks a variety of great makeup brands.
I love enhancing my eyes, especially in summer when you want to go fresh faced in the daytime and ‘dramatic’ at night. Two really great products to use are Maybelline New York Eye Studio Drama Gel Liner, which is AMAZING for those who have experimented with eye liner previously but have given up after not achieving straight lines or it smudging – I can assure you, this prevents all of the above from happening – the shape of the brush included means that you can quickly and easily create any style you wish. I’ve also used Eyelure Girls Aloud Limited edition (Kimberly) as although some of you may be cynical (‘they’re just an endorsement or celeb product for girls aloud’), I honestly swear by them whenever I’m wearing false lashes. Not only are they great value for money, but they are also easy to apply and look 100% natural after mascara is applied.
Tips for applying false lashes:
– When applying the adhesive yourself, apply a thin layer to the strip of false eyelashes and leave it to dry for 2 minutes (blowing on it gently). This will mean that when you apply the lashes, they won’t stick to your bottom lashes and the glue won’t collect after a few hours. It is also more likely to stay on for longer, should you let the adhesive dry a little first.
– Put your mascara on your natural lashes first, before applying the strip of false lashes. This helps them to spread out first, resulting in a more even lash line after applying your falsies!
– Put them as close to your natural lash line as possible, it often helps to dab the lashes with a cotton bud once applied to clean off any excess glue and secure the adhesive.
This is how it turned out:
You can find these great products from Feel Unique by clicking on the links I’ve provided. Although some of you might be wary about purchasing makeup from an online store – there are several benefits in doing so.
– Feel Unique offers free delivery across all of its products (worldwide) , so you don’t have to worry about delivery costs at all!
– You can always test a product out in your local Boots or Superdrug before purchasing, as usually you’ll find that the product is discounted when buying it from Feel Unique. You may also be entitled to a free gift offer from Feel Unique – should you purchase sufficient items.
– You can order makeup from the comfort of your own home, which is great if you’re in a hurry or don’t often get a chance to pop to your local Boots. If you know the makeup you love, then you can just order it from the site with the knowledge it works and your getting it at a great price.
More information on the products I’ve used:
Eyelure Girls Aloud Limited Edition Lashes – they are £4.35 from Feel Unique
Maybelline New York Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel – £7.99 in Intense Black
For those who love beauty products, I’ve also had a look through the Feel Unique website to show you some of the great things on offer – which are ideal for summer.
For those who really want to experiment with false eyelashes, Feel Unique offer the entire Eyelure Individual Lash Collection for just £6.95. They offer a variety of lengths within the collection, so you can design your own falsies! So, if you feel that eyelash strips never suit you, or you’d like to experiment with fitting individual lashes – this would be the ideal product for you. It also makes a great gift!
Anyone who wishes to disguise those bags, this gorgeous Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lift & Firm Concealer would be perfect for you. Especially as it’s only £19.55. The colour and formula help to smooth out dark circles and blur the appearance of imperfections – allowing you to create flawless skin – on a budget. I’ve tried this product out before and I have to say – it really does what it says regarding blurring out dark circles! It usually costs a lot more from high street stores, which seeing as it’s Elizabeth Arden – it’s understandable – however for £19.55 on Feel Unique, it’s a little too good to miss.
Eyebrows have recently been called ‘the frames to your face’ and so it’s important to define and perfect them when getting ready for a night out. Shavata’s Brow Perfector Compact allows you to re-touch your brows on the go, with two sleek brushes and three eyebrow shades – alongside a compact mirror. The shadows can be used to fill in your brows, darken lighter hairs or simply give them more definition. I use a similiar product and I have to admit – it really is useful to have such a product. My eyebrows are quite light and I find that my face looks entirely different when I define my eyebrows, it gives you a much more structured look (and I think helps to enhance your cheekbones!). It’s really easy to use and the brushes that are included help you to gain a perfect brow shape!
Benefit Some Kind-a Gorgeous the foundation faker is a product that I’ve used many times before, and LOVED! It’s no exaggeration when I say that this foundation really works in providing you with flawless, hydrated skin. It leaves you with silky skin that is really worth the price tag – and best of all it’s easy to apply in a hurry as it comes with a silky application sponge and a compact mirror. What more could you possibly want. When I bought the product, it was around £30, however Feel Unique are offering the product for £23.50.
I love the Yes To Carrots C Me Blush Lip Tint that Feel Unique currently stocks, as not only is it just £4.99 but I think that Lip Tints are ideal for summer! When hanging around the pool or beach, you don’t want to be responsible for maintaining lipstick however you want to make sure that your lips don’t dry out and that they have a little colour to them. The Blush Lip Tint comes in a range of colours, from red to brown as well.
I hope you enjoyed the post, it’s a little long – however I just feel there’s so much to say about Feel Unique and it’s gorgeous products! What do you think? xx