The TOWIE girls are known for their plunging necklines and barely there dresses, however Lydia Bright likes to keep her look a little more sophisticated. When I heard that she’d teamed up with Wonderbra UK to give some top tips on how to be a little more daring for the party season, I had to take a look.
It’s often quite difficult to know what to look for when you are dressing for a party. Low necklines are sometimes considered to be quite ‘daring’ for those who like to play it safe with a little black dress, however if you look at Blake Lively, Pippa Middleton and Heidi Klum for inspiration – they often experiment with daring, bold necklines and luxe colours. Wonderbra conducted a survey as part of their market research when developing their new bra and discovered that a quarter of women would love to experiment with more daring necklines but would like some tips on how to go about doing so. 44% of women in the survey also said that they’d love to experiment with a much bolder look – so Wonderbra asked Lydia Bright to give some advice. Lydia has come up with nine top tips on how to take a ‘style plunge’ in the run up to the party season.
So here they are …
- “My top tip for dressing for the party season is to go for luxe jewel colours such as reds and rich purples. The party season is the one time of the year when you can get away with anything so I always pile on the sequins.”
- “Everyone has a little black dress in their wardrobe so if you get invited to a last minute party get that out and dress it up. Pair with a piece of statement jewellery such as chandelier earrings or a big collar necklace and some statement shoes. I think a metallic pair or a pair with a really vibrant print would finish off the look perfectly.”
- “Don’t be afraid to experiment with fashion and try different things, as it is the best way to update your look. I think fashion is a great way to express your personality so just go for it.”
- “The Wonderbra Ultimate Plunge is perfect for this season’s trend of plunging necklines. A clear centre means no one will know you’re wearing it but you. To make you feel confident and secure whilst wearing it, the traditional underwire has been replaced with hand shaped structures that keep you firmly in place, avoiding any possible wardrobe malfunctions.”
- “When wearing a plunging neckline complement it with your make-up. I’d go for a really smouldering, smokey eye and then pull all of my hair off my face into a high ponytail or bun. I can’t live without my fake eyelashes. They are just the ultimate make-up accessory for the party season to give you some extra va-va-voom.”
- “The most daring outfit I have ever worn was a sheer top and sheer skirt on a night out. I did have a slip and a bandeau top on underneath but it was still pretty see through!”
- “I think the best reason to take the plunge this party season is that you can try a completely different look every time you go out. During the party season there are so many things go on you can easily get into a style rut and wear similar outfits to everything. I say mix it up and try something new for each event.”
- “When getting ready I always start with the dress and then match all of my accessories around it. Once I’ve decided on my outfit I then spend about an hour soaking in the bath. Next step is to get my hair dried and up in hot rollers whilst I do my make up. Final step is to get dressed and then let my hair down from the rollers at the last minute to keep it curly for as long as possible.”
- “Finally my top tip on dressing is to be confident in who you are. Experimenting doesn’t mean wearing something you don’t want to but being daring enough to try something that you never had the confidence to before.”
Lydia has also filmed a ‘top tips’ video for Wonderbra, which personally I think is quite useful if you’d like tips on how to dress for the Christmas/New Years party season. You can watch the video by clicking here – Lydia Bright takes the plunge! (plus it gives you a sneak peek into her ‘Bella Sorella’ shop if you haven’t visited it already.