As we’re now in the depths of winter, the need (or desire) to bare your legs is becoming increasingly infrequent – with many of us ditching the razor (at least as regularly as usual) in favour of a pair of cosy tights. However, as much as this is the easier (and warmer) option, tights usually make me feel like an 80-year-old woman (especially the opaque variety) and I hate the way they look. Plus you’ve got the added hassle of laddering, saggy knees and the general discomfort that they spell.
And apparently I’m not the only one. Wilkinson sword polled the female nation to reveal that two thirds of women prefer to go bare-legged at special occasions, which means that we should all ditch your tights with an LBD this Party Season!
With several special occasions on the horizon, I’ve made a pact to ditch the tights (whatever the weather) and go bare, even if my legs are in need of a dose of sunshine! Teaming up with Wilkinson Sword for this experiment, I’m using their Hydro Silk Water-Activated Razor – which has a special in-built moisturising serum to ensure that even if the weather is chilly and drying, your skin won’t be suffering the consequences.
The five curve-sensing blades mean that the razor adapts to the ‘natural contours of a woman’s body’ (i.e.: it won’t cut you when it gets to the awkward bits) and gives you the closest shave you’ve probably ever experienced. I found that gliding it over my legs in the shower once every couple of days (even when the hairs haven’t had a chance to properly grow back yet – just a little bit prickly) did the trick. Plus, because it hydrates while it shaves, you don’t necessarily need to wrestle around with shaving foam (that seems to go EVERYWHERE) nor do you get those annoying little black pores.
Usually water activated in-built shaving serums go gloopy and stringy after just one use, however this retains the strip for a lengthy period of time (I’ve now counted 5 separate shaves) and smells really fresh and clean.
The handle (which I suppose is a weird but necessary thing to talk about) is very soft and spongy, which makes it really easy to manoeuvre it around as much as you need to get the best shave possible. Overall, it’s a fab little shaver and a necessity in every bare-leg girl’s bathroom cupboard. It’s affordable, easy to use and it does the trick – without any of the hassle!
And best of all, they’re so confident that you’ll love it – that Wilkinson Sword are offering a special promotion! Show your legs some love with a fab discount on Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk razors for just £1.50 (RRP: £10.00). All the details can be found on this page, but you’ll receive a confirmation once your razor is on the way to you!
Festive legs tips:
- If you don’t have the time (or like me, patience) to fake tan, use a bit of bronzer for a shimmery glow!
- I’m sure you do, but if you don’t already, pop a lip balm in your handbag – it’s great for topping up your lippy application but if you ever get any dry patches on your legs, it’s a real saviour too!
- Although I banished the use of glitter on my body after a glitter-hair-spray-disaster aged 13, it’s actually really great for illuminating your skin and giving the appearance of longer legs. Use sparingly though.
- If you’re not a fan of long gruelling work-outs in the gym (nope, me neither), try some simple mini-workouts at home. While you’re waiting for your porridge to cook, do some squats or try some lunges while you’re brushing your teeth. It might sound odd, but every little helps!
- Tis’ the season of highlighting. And not just on your face. Radiant primers and highlighters can be used on legs (just under the knees and on the shins) to create a glowing finish! Try it, you never know!
Will you be bearing your legs with your LBD this festive season?